Friday, March 6, 2009

Free for the asking, apparently.

I have a smudged up little white board in my kitchen, where I jot down a running list for next shopping trip. It's my valiant effort at not making 5 trips to the store every week.

Apparently, word got out. I always tell John, well, if you need chips for lunch, just write it on my board, and they will magically appear (once they go on sale!). He's got a request in for gin currently.

Well, Abby figured the system out the other night at dinner. I had her write PEZ up there a few days before, because I owed her some. But she jumped up and added to the list while we were eating on Wednesday. And added. And added. We just cracked up laughing. Fuzzy picture below...


On the one hand, it's nice that apparently everyone (you included now!) knows where to go to get stuff from me. On the other hand, maybe there's a reason that we don't always get what we ask for. If John did, we'd have liquor and Ruffles but no garlic with dinner. If Abby did, we'd have triplet babies, plus several cars, cans, puppys, and kittys.

Two great inventions that keep my life sane: "Sorry, not happening." And erasers.

3 comments:

Don said...

Abby looking for puppies and kitties, how nice. Grandma Leslie is so happy! (Maybe we'll put a puppy or kitty in the mail! When is her birthday?) jk

Good insight too on why sometimes the answer to our prayers is, "Not happening." (And we should be glad.)

joanna said...

"Not happening" when we ask God - that's what I was thinking too...

Jenn said...

lol!!! that is so cute! :)