... birthday! Celebrations at my house were last night, because alas, I have to teach tonight, not to mention do my usual gym, library, grade thing during the day. But my sister insists that I post something for her to find, so I will resort to sharing just a few of the things that I am thankful for today...
* A family of my own to celebrate with last night - a steady husband of seven years, a 5-year-old and 2-year-old. Each brings me more joy than I could have imagined, especially by the tender young age of 29.
* New tiara for playing dress-up with Abby, smarties to eat with Rachel, and new jeans for John's eye candy - who says you can't buy for yourself on someone else's birthday?! Just kiddin' guys, I love it ALL.
* Jobs, good health, fun vacations, and a car that was paid off in 2008. Just in time to start saving, braving the recession and bracing for the next step of our lives, to ..........?
* One of my students happens to have a birthday today too - what a great excuse to bring in cupcakes!
* Happy birthdays from all around on facebook - although my once-a-month check ins hardly deserve it. So what if it only takes a few seconds, it's suprisingly nice to be remembered! Oh, and the phone calls, sonnets , etc. Thanks!
* Turning 28 last year kinda threw me for a loop - "Oh no, I'm getting old!" Somewhere around April I finally came to grips with it and discovered that it's actually quite interesting and fun to be growing up a little. So I'm actually not freaking out so bad this year, even though 30 is looming ever so close.
Anyhow, thanks for the love everyone, you make me happy to celebrate another year.
Picture of me and my tiara is coming. Stupid disk reader decided NOT to feel the love today :).